Like me.. or not
Hello again..another post hehe.
Okay.. so this is just a thought that I have for a while, not a fact.. just a thought. This year I would say is an exciting year for me.. I get to meet heaps new people and (of course) build relationships with them. I don't count really how many people I get to know this year but I have a feeling it's a bigger number than last year. I feel like I go out and socialize more and that I have bigger circle of friends compared to last year. GOOD.
Anyway.. my thought is.. that it's seems easier to get along with people when I assume they don't like me.. weird maybe? like you can just totally be you and be free without being afraid that they might not like you, you assume they never liked you in the first place anyway, so there's nothing to lose really. I know it's a negative assumption but there are situations when I just feel.. 'i think he/she doesn't like me'.. which I know is an assumption that I should get rid of but let's face it, the thought come to my head before anythin else. I didn't plan for the thought to come.
I think I like people who don't like me so much. they give me challenge. coz I will keep 'hi' ing them and shouting their names and then they'll look at me and then I'll wave to them. The worst thing I can think of is that they'll get annoyed. But if they do who will look stupid now. Sometimes..thinking that people dont like me just make it easy for me coz if they do like me, awesome. If they don't, ha! I knew it.
Whereas when building relationship with people, putting in mind that they might like me, it's harder. I have this sorta burden that I have to meet the expectation (my own of course).. and that expectation is that they will like me. I'm sorry if it totally doesn't make sense to you haha. Just one of my thoughts. Maybe you're like me? Please leave a comment. I'd be very happy to know I'm not alone :)
I don't know the secrets of success, but I know the secret of failure... it's 'trying to please everybody' - Bill Cosby (thx to anon)
Okay.. so this is just a thought that I have for a while, not a fact.. just a thought. This year I would say is an exciting year for me.. I get to meet heaps new people and (of course) build relationships with them. I don't count really how many people I get to know this year but I have a feeling it's a bigger number than last year. I feel like I go out and socialize more and that I have bigger circle of friends compared to last year. GOOD.
Anyway.. my thought is.. that it's seems easier to get along with people when I assume they don't like me.. weird maybe? like you can just totally be you and be free without being afraid that they might not like you, you assume they never liked you in the first place anyway, so there's nothing to lose really. I know it's a negative assumption but there are situations when I just feel.. 'i think he/she doesn't like me'.. which I know is an assumption that I should get rid of but let's face it, the thought come to my head before anythin else. I didn't plan for the thought to come.
I think I like people who don't like me so much. they give me challenge. coz I will keep 'hi' ing them and shouting their names and then they'll look at me and then I'll wave to them. The worst thing I can think of is that they'll get annoyed. But if they do who will look stupid now. Sometimes..thinking that people dont like me just make it easy for me coz if they do like me, awesome. If they don't, ha! I knew it.
Whereas when building relationship with people, putting in mind that they might like me, it's harder. I have this sorta burden that I have to meet the expectation (my own of course).. and that expectation is that they will like me. I'm sorry if it totally doesn't make sense to you haha. Just one of my thoughts. Maybe you're like me? Please leave a comment. I'd be very happy to know I'm not alone :)
I don't know the secrets of success, but I know the secret of failure... it's 'trying to please everybody' - Bill Cosby (thx to anon)

3 Comments:
Me. I like to think that people like me. It helps me to be my best. When I am at my best, I enjoy myself, and when I enjoy being myself I will give the best of myself. And many people will be blessed through me. And that's what my life for.
Assuming that people don't like us often becomes self-fulfiling prophesy. It becomes true because we believe it's true in the first place. It will also drain us as if we focus on negative stuff it will always suck our energy unnecessarily.
Bill Cosby said something like this,"I don't know the secrets of success, but I know the secret of failure... it's 'trying to please everybody'"
The fact of life..., not everybody will like us. If I try to be good at pleasing everybody, I am afraid that I won't be good at doing anything else worthwhile.
Fear of rejection is human. Everybody needs to experience it and learn to get over it.
Love everybody, including those who don't like you, but don't waste your time thinking of them, let alone spending too much time and energy with them...
Last thought of mine to share,"I always assume that everybody wants to be my friends unless he/she proves otherwise..."
hey there anon, thanks FINALLY a comment that oppose my view :D yea you made some great points i agree however i dont think it meant to say it's a way of trying to please everyone. what i meant is when someone, i assume, doesn't seem to like me.. it doesnt make me get away from them. but on the other hand it's certainly not that im trying to please them. i dont know tho but i DONT wanna be that. gosh i hope i'm not. btw nice quote.. love the comment and.. just guessin here but aren't you my coach?
ps. thx too tishy.
Tin, thanks for not removing my comment because I 'opposed' your view. If I were you and at your age, I surely had removed the comment which 'opposed' my view. I think I should congrate you on you having maturity in feeling secured as who you are at such a young age like you are now.
Tin, I didn't say that you were trying to please everybody. (I think most of the people like you regarless whether you are trying to please them or not, because you have such a friendly and pleasant gesture...). What I was trying to say was that I think it's not worthwhile trying to spend too much time concentrating on people who don't like us. However, if we are to use this as a challange once a while, it's alright. Life need challenges to make it more interesting, isn't it?
You are doing well,Tin...
And I think I don't like you, sorry I meant, I like you...:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home