I see trees of green..: @ Riverview today + Dreams

Sunday, May 29, 2005

@ Riverview today + Dreams

What a day. Was in the choir for today's 6 pm service (@ church) The night was big! Paul de Jong was speaking about dreams:

"Any human being could get into the Olympics for one particular sport, if he/she is committed to it"

And then it strikes me.. I looked back on all the stuffs I have once put (and wanted to commit) myself into: basketball, ice-skating, swimming, painting, taekwondo, ballet, organ, mandarin lesson. All stopped half way for different reasons. Stopped basketball because exam's coming. Ballet lesson stopped because we moved house. A is not my thing. B gets boring and bla and bla and tones of other reasons.

I guess anythin that had stopped me from doing the things I have put myself into had successfully stopped me because I don't have enough commitment. I mean come on.. stopped basketball because exam's coming? Not a good enough reason now I think. Sometimes during the painting lesson, I'd be like.. it's so freakin hard to draw a proper-good looking palm tree and when hard situations come into view,, it's just really easy and tempting to just get it over. That's what I did and that's a mistake *sob*. There's no such thing as a smooth journey. I will somehow in some ways get face to face with road bumps. Choice:

1. Struggle a bit and get over the road bump and continue journey and finally reach goal and happy
2.'Not in the mood to struggle' or what other reasons might be and then go back to the starting point (wasting time money energy & gain nothing)

Had I focused and committed myself in at least ONE of the stuffs,, I'd probably surprised myself now. But to quote PdJ.. I won't let past control me. I'll learn from it. Now I realise that to keep focus and stay doing what you're doin eventhough it gets bored or tough.. is a CHALLENGE. It's a bit like when you go.. "I'll go to toilet when I reach 500 words essay" when the situation is you just reached 300 and really can't hold it anymore. (I do that and William said that's some kind of disorder) Ya neway it's like that..but BIGGER.

Anyway.. what happened after the church's service was.. FASHION PARADE!!! I know that's really fun right. Great models, stunning clothes. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me...

But I had Lydia's camera! So photos are coming.

Apart from tonight..I still have big assignments goin before the 2 exams I'll have at June 13. And after that holiday *horayy* But for now I gotta fight and gotta fight well.

Dad's coming 4th of June :)

Oh and I've been listenin to Michael Buble this couple of days. He's oh so good *clap clap*

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as of you'll die today."

2 Comments:

Blogger odorus wrote...

tishy tishy you've missed the fashion parade! Will u be at the leadership rise? Hope to see you there.

2:12 AM  
Blogger The Dreamer wrote...

hoooo ada yang 6 pm *baru tau* heuheueh kutinggalan jaman sekali yah sayah -_-" hihihih... hmm...

iyah... gw juga banyak yang setop tengah jalan begitu lho... :S.. alasannya yah banyak juga.. hmmm...

what 'known' people say bout commitment:

- nothing of worth/weight can be achieved with half a mind, with a faint heart, and with a lame endeavor (isaac barrow)

- one half of knowing what u want is knowing what u must five up before u get it (sidney howard)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >_<

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home