I see trees of green..: Verse of the day

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Verse of the day

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5 : 14-16

ps. I was just reading around (is there such an expression..) and found this verse. Not that I read it for the first time or anything but it just really speak to me this time. I had goosebumps so I know it did.. haha anyway.. I hope this verse encourages you as much as it has encouraged me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mahessss wrote...

ha.. ha..
Certainly light removes dark. But the funny thing here is everybody wants to lit up the light and look at others (fault). Oh, Matthew come down once again, let us know clearly know what you said. Because, people here started reading, memorizing all your verses. But failed to follow.

Please Jesus come down once again for us. Lift me up.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Monica Choo wrote...

Hey Tin Tin, I haven't seen you in the longest time. Miss ya lotsa!!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

HI, Tin, guess that verse reminded me of my own experience. It's true that no one can hide that light. And even the slightest light in the dark can make the dark lost its power. I was about to have the interview for PhD admission in UNPAD and the situation is pressing me on, but I just remember one thing that if God put me in the dark like this, my light will shine brighter........Same case now I am admitted in ITB, I believe God has something in store for me to do His work as His light and HIs salt of the earth

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home