I see trees of green..: Thought of the day

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Thought of the day

It's not how long you know someone that matters, it's how long you spend time with him/her.

I don't even know.. is that my own thought?? or some quote i heard/seen somewhere.. See.. I can know this girl for.. say 2 years but then there's another girl who just know her for a few months but she's closer to her than she is to me. Btw, that was just an illustration. Anyway.. my point is that I then remember my relationship with God. It's not how long I've known him for, it's how much time I've spent with Him.. I was thinking.. someone who just known Him for only a few years is gonna be closer to Him than I do if she/he spend more time with Him..

Sounds repetitive? ha! I always do anyway.. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Mahessss wrote...

hey, it is something like.. if you keep any object closer to your eyes you can not seet it completely. you could see only a blurred image. but if you keep the same object you inches away from your body you can see it clearly. so, more the gap the attachement is higher, the lesser the gap it will be low only. how is it?

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I agree with that post tin tin... quality over quantity... but good quantity produces quality... make any sense... i know i'm confused... but i'm sure you know what i mean... see you the the purity pledge tonight.

9:16 PM  
Blogger odorus wrote...

Mahes: hey there Mahes! i dont fully understand what you mean.. would you explain?

Nahum: ellou Nahum! well yeah it does make sense in a way.. it depends by your definition of 'good quantity' though :D Btw, Nahum you did a GOOD job at purity pledge tonight :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Mahessss wrote...

Okey.. I shall try to explain in other words. Take 1 tbsp of sodium choloride and dissolve it in water. Now just imagine.. even if u keep water and sod. chloride for years together side by side there won't be any attachment. But the minute NaCl dissolved in water they become very closure. very closure. even upto the extend of not identifying themselves as who they are individually. you can not call this mixture as Nacl or water. it is something different. It applies to human being also. Time is not a matter. I hope u can understand.

1:24 AM  
Blogger odorus wrote...

Hi again mahes. Aahh.. your water-sodium chloride illustration makes so much sense to me than your attachment-gap illustration. Yeah i guess i understand what you're trying to say. How chemistry between two people also is a factor, talking about 'closure'. I do think however that in relationship with my God, how much time I spent with him does matter. But then again he's not a human being, quoting you said "it applies to human being also"

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mahessss wrote...

ha.. ha.. it is really interesting to have a understanding between us on this particular matter. The problem is with me only and because of my poor communicative knowledge in english. It is something like a dump and deaf person trying to say something to a normal person. Just imagine this. You may feel to laugh.

I just ask you to mingle with god like NaCl in water. Then u and god can not be separated. According to you god can not be humanbeing. I am not a serious religious person. Yet, i can believe god incarnated in this world as human being - Jesus, Mohamed, Buddha.

Still I believe god is within u. not outside. He is not outside. and he is sitting inside comfortably without any disturbances. Because we never turn inside. We always look outside.

Oh. God. I forget u for sometime. I went outside just for my friend.

Bye friend.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mahessss wrote...

I am sorry for making spelling mistake. It is should be read as "closer" not "closure" in my previous comment.

8:10 PM  
Blogger odorus wrote...

Yeah it's always interesting to hear other people's point of view.. and no i wouldn't say you have a poor english mahes, i'd have to say i like your water-sodium chloride illustration. In my opinion though, God is bigger, way bigger than us human being.

"Still I believe god is within u. not outside. He is not outside. and he is sitting inside comfortably without any disturbances. Because we never turn inside. We always look outside."

I have to say I agree with that mahes. Thanks for your comments :)

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home