I think I just lost an argument..
Yes, the argument has finally come to an end with me being the loser.
"Carry-lon". Exactly the way it should and would be pronounced I thought. But majority of people pronounce it as if the 2nd 'L' is an 'I'... "Ker-e-lee-en".
I think the argument must've started with how many Ls the word Carillon has. Some argued the 2nd L is an I (it looks like it). After a while the argument changed to how 2 Ls in Carillon meant to be pronounced?! which fails me! but I wouldn't have thought..
With this post I humbly apologize to those who have to go through the whole "haha I am right and I'm gonna remind you of this for the rest of your life" thing. I need to get some rest. The truth hurts.
"Carry-lon". Exactly the way it should and would be pronounced I thought. But majority of people pronounce it as if the 2nd 'L' is an 'I'... "Ker-e-lee-en".
I think the argument must've started with how many Ls the word Carillon has. Some argued the 2nd L is an I (it looks like it). After a while the argument changed to how 2 Ls in Carillon meant to be pronounced?! which fails me! but I wouldn't have thought..
With this post I humbly apologize to those who have to go through the whole "haha I am right and I'm gonna remind you of this for the rest of your life" thing. I need to get some rest. The truth hurts.

4 Comments:
HOOOORAYY! I feel completely vindicated! The truth has prevailed! And just when you were close to convincing me...
oh no my dignity!!
hmph! the English language never fails to frazzle me... words that aren't pronounced the way it's written.... sigh! it's wayyyy too complicated.
I haven't actually found anyone who's on my side..
Post a Comment
<< Home