It's 12.49 AM
Someone once told me that God will use me through 3 things: creativity, curiousity & willingness to learn and flexibility with people (that's not 4, that's 3... okay 3 and a half - hey.. I'm Chinese.. I bargain..). I don't remember what I said.. but I remember thinking... creativity pfft what the.. but I was thinking along the way it would make sense. Recently, I know sensitivity could be a fourth one. It freaks me out at first.. still does..
Walking home yesterday, a sudden thought about racial issues popped up. If you know me well you get used to answering my sudden random questions (random to you not me coz I do question 'em).. or being stuck with me sharing my random thoughts when you actually rather go and do something else.. Anyway, discussion on racial issues will have no end.. so instead, I'm wondering:
IF YOU CAN BE SOMEONE OF ANOTHER RACE/NATIONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY? :)
"Don't tell God how big your problem is. Tell your problems how big your God is."
Walking home yesterday, a sudden thought about racial issues popped up. If you know me well you get used to answering my sudden random questions (random to you not me coz I do question 'em).. or being stuck with me sharing my random thoughts when you actually rather go and do something else.. Anyway, discussion on racial issues will have no end.. so instead, I'm wondering:
IF YOU CAN BE SOMEONE OF ANOTHER RACE/NATIONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY? :)
"Don't tell God how big your problem is. Tell your problems how big your God is."

10 Comments:
Hmmm... never really asked myself that question before. Never thought of it like that before coz I'm pretty much a mix of everything (chinese born in the Philippines, have been living in Perth for the last 19 years but still have a slight American accent) :P
But to answer your question... ummmm... I dont mind being an Italian - strong focus on family... plus those authentic pasta, woodfired pizza and a glass on wine... *slurp*
Hehe. I think I'll be african cuz I just LOVE the great dance and personality genes
Alright.. we need a race-swap machine here..
How about you Tin?
I absolutely LOOOVE being a Samoan...not that anyone really knows where it is!?! Shame. But I wouldn't change it for the world...my skin colour, the old traditions, the language..it's all good. And I can't wait to go back in Sept. to actually LEARN more about my culture.
hey
I am black plus french .... pretty orginal hey.... well , i love being black and french even if it's not easy everyday day. my only desire would be to have english as my mother thongue.
It'd be pretty cool to be a western european (note: western european only) who lives in the 1700s/1800s. I remember reading Mozart and the like when I was a kid and imagined being one of the people in their eras. I like what they value, the arts.. and the clothes.. man.. did all the girls dress the same? I'm wondering if there was any tomboy back then there.. all the girls were lady-like, it's nice. No gothic, no emo, amazing!
but *POP* I'm CHINESE! you wanna know why it's good being Chinese? well first of all Jackie Chan is.. but more than that, Tishy's pretty much said it.. we have silky straight hair and nice smooth olive skin. We have nice TASTY food.. and get ANGPAO (money!) on Chinese New Year.. we have small eyes.. oh wait that shouldn't be on the list.. But while I have time, let me just kill one rumor: Not all Chinese can do kung-fu.. so don't ask us demonstrate any.. go rent Jet Lee's DVD or smth. *bad personal experience*
frenchysheila: are you a mix? what's your story? quite interesting.. :)
hey tin tin
I could say I 'm a mix coz my parents come from the french carabean.my great great father (father side) was white my great great mother (mother side) was from amazonian indian. so pretty big mix but here I am born and brought in Paris...living in Australia
haha you're online!
that's nice. I imagine it being a good conversation-starter? say, if I were brought up in India that would be a great conversation starter too. French lingo.. how come there's a masculine and feminine terms for everything?
hiya tin tin!
if i could be any other nationality i would be chinese. i lived in asia for 3 years and used to secretly wish i was one (and sometimes still do!!)
Post a Comment
<< Home