YA Camp 2006
This post is a bit out of date! 2 weeks ago we had young adults camp at Dwellingup for three days. It was different; the place, the new faces (half, if not a quarter of the people that went were new to me) . So for 3 days, every so often you'd hear things like 'Hmm you're Jasmine? oh wait you're Shannon.. I mean Nathan!' And since all the blog bosses at El Rancho Relaxo didn't go, a bit of a pressure here :B
It was a great time out from everything I seem to caught up in in the everyday life. The bush and all the natural surroundings were soothing. I came expectant and got home satisfied. I learned and experienced. God reveals something each day that I missed most of the time. So I guess this camp lets me feel again that nice addictive feeling in spending quality time with Him.
The place was all wood! All the dorms are upstairs - downstairs were the bathrooms, kitchen, dining area, basketball court, fireplace and where all other indoor activities were happening.
The first night (Friday) we put on our country costumes for the country shindig. We posed, danced like mad and played games. (Shannon, Jo, Jess, me, Ann)
Sabina Jess Michelle - Jemima - Dave composing a country song
the crowd - my table - my dorm!
these are my dorm girls: Caitlin, Maura and Alicia
lunch on second day + the long queue that either makes you hungrier or lose appetite
someone gave me this yummy SPACE FOOD that no one seemed to like.. I always knew I belong somewhere else.. me & Ramz... Paul Morro
that's right it's Jono Ryder on the right,..with his shoes on..:)
abseiling+rock climbing were two of the arvo activities but that's not what I did
jewellery making was another, that's not what I did either :) I went bushwalking until this frog came & scared the ding dong out of me
Jemima with her Metallica song & Michelle - Curtis Dave & a guy I didn't get to meet - Maura..
On 3rd day was Josh's baptism - with Nahum and Dave
and then all came to an end
some of the new people I got to meet were Melanie, Hannah (Busselton) and Toby (Switzerland)
Lunch on 3rd day
It was a great time out from everything I seem to caught up in in the everyday life. The bush and all the natural surroundings were soothing. I came expectant and got home satisfied. I learned and experienced. God reveals something each day that I missed most of the time. So I guess this camp lets me feel again that nice addictive feeling in spending quality time with Him.














































7 Comments:
THANKYOU!!! I love space food. I wish I'd been around to help you with that...
Nice camp ... too bad I am in Japan huh? Much love.
yeah I like your pics!!! :)
thanks :) keep an eye on sirharryboy.blogspot.com which hopefully will post more camp photos soon.
blog bosses??.. OH PUUUHlease!.. anyways i love the photos.. makes me wish i was there.. well covered!!!
and THERE IT IS people! stamp of approval by the blog guru himself that you should see this blog the way C.S Lewis sees flower: it has no survival value but it gives value to survival! indeed... (and by now AnnOng goes.. "deeeep.. im falling into the hole..")
I was just gonna write something similar Tony!! I'm more like one of the 2IC's or an employee that don't get paid!! Not that much work gets done anyway! Glad y'all had fun...will def be coming next time...I love Nanga!
Post a Comment
<< Home