I see trees of green..: Screw It, Let's Do It - Richard Branson

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Screw It, Let's Do It - Richard Branson

The power of a catchy title!

It'll normally take me months before I buy a book but I bought this just a week after I laid my eyes on its cover (and first chapter). A motivating book by the Virgin founder about the lessons he's learned along the way to his success. Easy to read... he goes on telling his life stories and experiences so it feels like reading a novel (maybe.. coz I don't read novels :/). He, just like my mom, is the kind of person who would keep running when everyone stops walking. I had a good ride reading it.

"I don't believe that that little word 'can't' should stop you. If you don't have the right experience to reach your goal, look for another way in. If you want to fly, get down to the airfield at the age of sixteen and make the tea. Keep your eyes open. Look and learn. You don't have to go to art school to be a fashion designer. Join a fashion company and push a broom. Work your way up."

Ps. And I'm sure you don't know that DYMOCKS CAROUSEL opens til 9 pm on Saturday! On another note, I'll post photos from the camp as soon as I have time. On another note, uni starts again tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Can't wait for the read : )

9:02 PM  
Blogger odorus wrote...

oh my gosh bryce green visited my blog. YOU'RE WELCOME!

ps. last time I checked thank you are two separate words? ...don't kill me!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home