I see trees of green..: Can your assumption kill you?

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Can your assumption kill you?

On my way to youth tonight, I sat in the very back seat of the bus, I thought I'd try something new. Few stops later, this person got in and decided to sit beside me. And I thought, that's a bit weird, there were 5 people in the bus and out of all the empty seats, why would you sit exactly beside someone you don't know, and at the very back somemore where there are 5 seats. I thought, okay, it's his favourite place.

Few mins later I felt a long stare. Right after I decided not to let negative assumptions eat my brain he started asking questions. I had to lend him my notebook and pen coz I couldn't understand what he was saying. I responded with short answers only. He asked for my number and I said sorry.

It got me thinking, and maybe by experiences, it came across your mind too. Maybe it's not like that. Bad experiences and stereotyping really got into play, unfortunately.

Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. (Philippians 2:15)

There are times when it's just hard. Some things just need practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home