Necklace & Ducks
Your friends and family give you nice things every now and then, even when it's not your birthday. But when random people offer to buy you things, that goes to my list of 'Weird Things That Has Happened to Me'. Only if I think about it in a less positive way. Thinking on the brighter side, it might go to my list of 'Why I Think God Loves Me Too Much'.
I was shopping around few days ago, trying necklaces. I like the red one, the lady beside me thinks the peach one looks better. But I like the red one. So I went and pay for... that's right, the red one. Then she stared at me and said, 'Do you want me to give you money to buy the peach one?'
Today I went to Myer in between my work hours and saw these two very cute little duck plush. I forgot that I was in a public place and put on my amazingly happy face and hugged the ducks. And then I heard a voice from behind, 'Why don't you take one of each? I'll pay for it.' Standing there was an old gentleman and his wife.
So if I can come up with a conclusion.. that will be that I have a poor, compassion-inviting face. But that's okay...
No really. I can get used to it.
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
(Martin Luther King Jr.)
I was shopping around few days ago, trying necklaces. I like the red one, the lady beside me thinks the peach one looks better. But I like the red one. So I went and pay for... that's right, the red one. Then she stared at me and said, 'Do you want me to give you money to buy the peach one?'
Today I went to Myer in between my work hours and saw these two very cute little duck plush. I forgot that I was in a public place and put on my amazingly happy face and hugged the ducks. And then I heard a voice from behind, 'Why don't you take one of each? I'll pay for it.' Standing there was an old gentleman and his wife.
So if I can come up with a conclusion.. that will be that I have a poor, compassion-inviting face. But that's okay...
No really. I can get used to it.
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
(Martin Luther King Jr.)

3 Comments:
wow that is really quite random, but then i guess hugging ducks can be seen as random too!
p.s. it was so nice to meet you in person the other day :)
Ruth! right back at you. i wasnt so sure if it was you at first :) hope to see you more around.
Btw, if you haven't noticed, they started to grow these different colors of everlasting (that flower, if you remember..) in the campus around the vege patch. not as good as the pink-white ones they used to have though.
hi again,
na i haven't been down to the vege patch since about first semester last year! but when i get henry (my camera) back from the hospital i'll be sure to venture down that end of campus and have a look - might even get to see you!
Post a Comment
<< Home