Officially missing you...
I'm writing from home, now that I have my own computer + internet access. Day 56 back home and the hot water is starting to feel warm. I've applied for 2 jobs so far, both in a TV station as a journalist and have gone through their selection processes. Tests after tests, interviews after interviews.
But the point of this post is that I'm missing Perth and every bits that are in it. You. And the restaurant in Northbridge you went to yesterday night. That cafe in Vic Park you're sitting in right now. The church you're gonna go to this Sunday. Waiting in the bus stop. Hangin out in the city. Sucking life at uni. Lunch-ing discounted fish and chips with Distinction students. Lunch-ing lasagna with HD students. Waking up in silence. Living on carpet. My couch. My 3's phone cap. Random late night hang-outs. Freedom. Deal or No Deal. And so friggin on...
Having been away from home for 3 years, lots of things have changed..
- The traffic is still awesomely shocking compared to, say... the rest of the world's. But we now have busways, which when they're free from buses are being misused by private transportations to avoid the horrible traffic.
- TV shows are all about infotainments. And infotainments are all about celebrities. Day and night.
- Transformation of the early teens whom when I left were kids staying home after school - now crowding the malls looking years older than they are. Some, one the other hand, managed to surprise me with the early discoveries of their passions and interests in ice skating and music, and are being great at it.
- My little sister refuses to be called 'little' because she's now 7.
But some things are still the same. My home is still the same (only more rubbish in my room). The security guy who patrols every evenings on his bike is still doing that with the same bike, same uniform, same moustache, only looking years older. The guy selling meatball whom I got into a fight with as a kid coz I accidentally pushed him with my bike is still shouting 'meatball! meatball!'. You think, after years...
But the point of this post is that I'm missing Perth and every bits that are in it. You. And the restaurant in Northbridge you went to yesterday night. That cafe in Vic Park you're sitting in right now. The church you're gonna go to this Sunday. Waiting in the bus stop. Hangin out in the city. Sucking life at uni. Lunch-ing discounted fish and chips with Distinction students. Lunch-ing lasagna with HD students. Waking up in silence. Living on carpet. My couch. My 3's phone cap. Random late night hang-outs. Freedom. Deal or No Deal. And so friggin on...
Having been away from home for 3 years, lots of things have changed..
- The traffic is still awesomely shocking compared to, say... the rest of the world's. But we now have busways, which when they're free from buses are being misused by private transportations to avoid the horrible traffic.
- TV shows are all about infotainments. And infotainments are all about celebrities. Day and night.
- Transformation of the early teens whom when I left were kids staying home after school - now crowding the malls looking years older than they are. Some, one the other hand, managed to surprise me with the early discoveries of their passions and interests in ice skating and music, and are being great at it.
- My little sister refuses to be called 'little' because she's now 7.
But some things are still the same. My home is still the same (only more rubbish in my room). The security guy who patrols every evenings on his bike is still doing that with the same bike, same uniform, same moustache, only looking years older. The guy selling meatball whom I got into a fight with as a kid coz I accidentally pushed him with my bike is still shouting 'meatball! meatball!'. You think, after years...
I've recently turned my balcony into my fav space. Added 2 family's oldest wood chairs and a maroon wood table. In the morning/evening/when it's light raining, it's the best spot in the house.

2 Comments:
I miss you Tin Tin and I think you are looking beautiful. Love you,
Tishy Tee
hey.. thanks a lot.. if you look closely Pree, I mean if it's even possible to look closely, the black shirt I had in the picture is.. what get our first conversation started?
I WILL get back to Perth. Just wait. But.. don't hold your breath. LOVE.
Post a Comment
<< Home